Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is there an arts/music scene in Kuwait?

I've been reading about Kuwait, and all accounts depict it as a modern country with lots of shopping, cinemas, etc. I'm aware that alcohol is illegal -- that doesn't bother me. Do the coffee shops ever have live music? Is there any culture besides going to the movies? Live theater? Dance? Art exhibits? If I take my guitar, will I have the opportunity to connect with other musicians to play music? I looked at the websites for Kuwait Univ. and American Univ. in Kuwait -- no programs in fine arts or music! What about yoga or tai chi classes -- anything like that? I'm interested in these kinds of activities because I am an artsy-alternative-minded person soon moving to Kuwait for the next few years. How would I best connect with like-minded people?

Is there an arts/music scene in Kuwait?
Via internet.





All the best!/

myspace codes

No comments:

Post a Comment